Thursday, November 5, 2009

Soup and Salad

So over the last week I have been a little busy. I left my Job at Anisette. Got the Job at Bouchon, meet Thomas Keller and cooked some more recipes out of the books. This time I made some soups and a salad. The First soup I made is something that I have made time and time again, Onion Soup. It is great. The sweet taste of the richly caramelized onions with the light beef stock and the melted cheese and slices of bread to soak up some of the soup. Everything is great about this soup. Usually when I make this soup I store the soup in containers and freeze them for later use. It is great to have on hand for when those cold days come and you want a little pick me up.




Music: Space Oddity David Bowie




Next was the Butternut Squash Soup. This soup I have wanted to do for the longest time. The picture in the book looks great. I looks to have a very clean flavor of just butternut squash but it doesn't. There is a depth of flavor In this soup. The best thing that I can say about this soup is the smell of the squash roasting in the oven. It almost smells like roasted sugar. I recommend making this soup for guests at a party because it is filling and cheap to make and fast to assemble.





Music: Elevation U2


Bibb Lettuce Salad
Now for this salad it is very simple. Nothing is over complicated or over done. The salad is washed to get all the dirt off the leaves and then spin dry. I stacked the leaves in a container the way the would be assembled with just a damp paper towel over it. The vinaigrette only has 3 ingredients and the salad has fine herbs in it to give it a little more flavor. This salad is perfect for a quick meal and takes seconds to assemble. Perfect for any time of the day.





Music: The Beatles You Never Give Me Your Money


Keep on cooking. You can also take a look at all my videos on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment