Friday, October 2, 2009

Mushroom Stock

Now for one of the best smelling stocks you will ever make (in my opinion). Mushroom stock is not used much in this book but I can find many uses for it in other recipes. Just like the vegetable stock you have to grind the ingredients in the grinder to get all those lovely flavors out of the vegetables. You can really smell the curry once it is added to the stock but after a while I did start to get back the mushroom sent, that earthy smell. Later on down the line I will make the truffled mushroom stock. The flavor is really concentrated in this recipe because the yield on it is only 3 cups of stock and when you start out with this recipe you have 4 quarts of water.

I don't think this is a stock that should be on anybody's "prep" list at home.







The song for this video is Coldplay: Don't Panic

No comments:

Post a Comment