Friday, October 16, 2009

"Surf And Turf"

When making this all ways remember that you should never ever leave the house and always cover the meat with water and keep an eye on the heat if your oven is off by a few degrees. So in other words I had to make this twice. Just the meat not the fish. I couldn't find fresh cepes or salsify so i just used another mushroom instead. The Meat was great and the fish was good but for me it was laking a little something the fish was meaty and the oxtail was meaty but there was no balance no real contrast i know it was the texture that I was missing if i only had the salsify I think this dish would have been a lot better. I am not saying this is bad I am just saying it isn't the best because it is good. I could see my self making this dish for a group of people.

This dish did take a lot of time to make so unless you have a lot of time on your hand then I recommend that you stay away from this recipe. Also what I realized while making this was that I don't have the budget to do a lot of these dishes. So I am going to change my game plan. I am not quitting I am going to cook out of the Bouchon book and Ad Hoc when it comes out (Nov 6). I will finish making all the recipes just not in the next year but I will continue to cook these recipes and film them. So why stop well money and also I just learned last week that Bouchon is opening in Beverly Hills soon and I am trying to get a job there. If I do get the job then that will take up a lot of my time but also I will be able to work for the man, and also I will be in school and when I finish school I will be working on my days off at another restaurant.

Next to be done I think will be Onion Soup, Creme Carmel, Beet Salad, Frisee Salad with Lardon and Egg, Quiche Lorraine or Beef Bourguignon

But for now here is "Surf And Turf" and Brunoise





Music is Grandaddy: Now It's On







Music is The Beatles: Here Comes The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment