Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vegetable Stock

Now i know this is not my first rodeo. I know what most of the things that I a making are. I just want to give the book justice for my self. I have made a couple of these recipes in this book and have failed miserably but know I am going to be focused 100% on all the recipes. So here is my first recipe.



When making the Vegetable Stock, Keller wants you to really extract as much flavor from every single ingredient as possible but with out having it cloud or ruin the final product, i.e. forcing the stock through the chinois. When making this stock it filled my house with a pleasant sweet smell, closing my eyes and it would have been like listening to angles play the harp on a pillow of honey good, a smell that wasn't to strong but not lost. The recipe makes about 3 quarts and once it has been cooled it freezes very nicely.





The music playing in the video is Beulah: Night Is The Day Turned Inside Out

No comments:

Post a Comment